Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Taking time off

  Not often do Chad and I get a break from our kids.  The going rate for babysitters is $5 per kid, so that's $20 an hour.  Why do I not babysit on the side I do not know.  We try to get out at least once a month together and a few girls or guys nights in too, though lately those are few and far between.  The last time Chad and I had a weekend alone with no kids was Spring Break last year and I can tell you right now that I'm about at my breaking point.  Luckily my dad and step-mom are once again taking our kids for a couple of nights so that Chad and I can have a break. 
  There are some people who are lucky enough to have this luxury happen to them more than once a year and to you I do a happy dance and I spit on you.  Sorry I can't just be happy for you because the envy I feel is too overwhelming.  There are also some who don't even get once a year and for you I will take your spitting because I totally deserve it.  I am willing to take on more kids for a night so that you too can have a break, if only for 24 hours. 
  Reconnecting with Chad is a must because after a demanding basketball season where I see him a couple of hours a week we need to learn each other again.  It's also good for me because the demands of making 3 meals a day, loads of laundry and cleaning constantly can get a bit overwhelming.  I can not wait until April 1st when I drop my babies at my dad's house and then put the pedal to the metal to get home and relax.  If I can I will sleep in and do what ever I want to do all weekend, though I'm sure I will have projects that must be done, but with no kids to bother me I will definitely get more done in a weekend than in a day.  
   Remember your selves and even if you don't get a weekend a day/night out is just as important because everyone needs a break. 

No comments: